God created you know Him deeply, and personally connect with Him on a daily basis. More than a habit or a "spiritual practice", time spent with Christ is about building a relationship. People will read all the self-help books in search to get out of a spiritual rut, but there is still an empty void in their life because there is still no connection with their creator.
While connecting with God is not the same formula for everyone, here are some ways we have found that work for us! Some of them might surprise you.
Prayer time with God is such a special aspect of the Christian life. Prayer is where we get to experience God's faithfulness in our daily lives, and it's where we can build a closer relationship with Him.
When your prayer life is strong, you are strong! The Bible has a lot to say about the power of prayer, so evidently it is very important. You can write out prayers or say them aloud. God hears you!
Here are some easy ways to incorporate prayer throughout your day. God loves when we engage with Him throughout the day.
God consistently reveals Himself through His Word. Bible reading is where we can learn more of God's characteristics. Our souls are hungry for truth, and studying God's Word provides just that! There is a tangible difference that happens in your life when you prioritize quiet time with God. Our Heavenly Father always provides rest, joy, hope and peace when we come to Him.
As you read the Bible, open your mind to let each passage teach you something new. So, forget the to do list. Grab your favorite snacks, worship music, Bible, sit and get ready to know God more!
Quiet time spent in the Word of God is so important, but so is living alongside other believers, like Jesus did. Spending time in God's presence in a corporate setting at church is such an amazing way to connect with Him. The Bible promises in Matthew 18:20 that "where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am with them."
The Holy Spirit shows up when we all gather together in unity to pursue Him and His presence. We are such connection driven people; God created us to be in community. It makes such a difference! That is probably why we are exhorted in Hebrews to "not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another".
The people we surround ourselves with matter. You want friends you can be honest with, pray with, sing and worship with, and talk to about real life issues. Those are the types of friends who will listen and hear you, pray with you, speak truth into your life and point you back to Jesus. Those are the friends who will strengthen your walk with God.
The community you are part of impacts you, your spouse, and your kids! Running with others who are also in pursuit of God and are there to pray for you is indispensable. Find ways to connect with other believers by getting plugged into a local church and joining platforms like TUVU, the life giving digital community!
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." - Colossians 3:23-24
Here are 25 practical ways you can turn mundane tasks into worship unto the Lord.
7. Ask a person if you can pray for them.
8. Remember your ultimate reward will no be found on earth, but in the eternal inheritance you will receive from God.
9. Keep an eternal perspective, remembering that your work and actions have significance beyond this life, and can be used by God to further His kingdom.
10. Take responsibility for your work, don't make excuses.
11. Seek to learn and grow in your area of work to be the best you can be! Seek out education and training.
12. Be a team player in your workplace, support your colleagues and co-workers.
13. Have integrity. Don't compromise your values even if it benefits you.
14. Remember God is your judge and you are ultimately accountable to Him.
15. Be willing to take on tasks or assignments outside of your comfort zone, and trust God to help you succeed.
16. Recognize that every job or task, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, can be used by God for His purposes.
17. Show respect for others and their time by being punctual and reliable.
18. Rely on the strength of God, not on your own.
19. Stay humble and grateful, acknowledging that all of your skills, talents, and opportunities come from God, and seeking to use them to glorify Him.
20. Bare your cross like Jesus did. Be willing to face suffering and sacrifice for the sake of following Jesus and obeying the will of God.
21. Put aside your own desires and ambitions, and surrender your life to God's purposes.
22. Look for ways to bless other peoples lives.
23. Focus on the positive in any situation, don't complain but give thanks to God instead. There is always something to be grateful for!
24. Incorporate praying into your day whenever you can.
25. Look for ways to connect with people and bring joy to their day.
Connecting with God is key to building a strong relationship with Him. We hope these tips for incorporating reading of the Word, investing in community, and cultivating a lifestyle of prayer and worship helped you. As you continue to seek the Lord, remember God is always there excited to reveal Himself to you in new and meaningful ways!
How do you connect with God? Share it on TUVU!